Visitors Guide Item
Brandywine Battlefield Park is administered by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC) in partnership with the Brandywine Battlefield Park Associates. Click the following link to visit the PHMC website.
The Commonwealth of PA established this commemorative park in 1949. The Park Associates formed in 1979. Due to state budget cutbacks to PHMC in the summer of 2009, staffs were furloughed at nine sites including this park. PHMC continues upkeep and maintenance. The Park Associates have raised funds to operate the site and recruited volunteers for tours.
Brandywine Battlefield National Historic Landmark encompasses over 50 square miles covering 15 municipalities in two counties. The Park Associates take the lead role in interpreting the battlefield to visitors and also participates in efforts to preserve the entire National Historic Landmark.
We legally exist as the Brandywine Battlefield Park Associates, Inc., an IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit volunteer group.